I received this e-mail earlier today. The sender is not involved in politics but knows people who are involved in politics, so make of it what you will: I have it on good authority that RP’s performance in NH was “rehearsed and directed” by his new team to make him appear less strident and more approachable as a candidate. NH was chosen because it is early and their chances there were not good anyway. They will evaluate the likes versus dislikes and continue the reprogramming. Will the real RP please stand up? Even he may have a hard time remembering what is real if this goes on much longer.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI. By Peter Holley
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning. By Leif Reigstad
- Who’s Responsible for the Texas Blackouts? By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe