I made a lot of calls yesterday about these races and got a lot of information. Most of it turned out to be wrong. (As was I in saying that the frontrunners from the primary would win their runoffs.) It’s obvious that conservatives did a great job of getting out their vote. I did note in my post yesterday that candidates supported by organized groups have an advantage in runoffs, because ideologically motivated voters are more likely to participate in runoffs. It’s hard to get ordinary folks back to the polls for a runoff.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Amid a Spate of Late-Term Trump Pardons, Reality Winner’s Name Remains Conspicuously Absent By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe