My source estimates the deficit at around 2,500 after early voting. A second source in Houston backs him up. If that is accurate, it’s going to be hard for Bell to make up the difference today. The report is that the turnout is light. Assuming that Huffman wins, you have to give the R’s credit on this one. They got a ringer in the race to split the Democratic vote.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame