This is the official release: AUSTIN – Reggie Bashur, 58, an Austin consultant and former press secretary to Gov. Bill Clements, fell ill while traveling back to Austin on Thursday night. He is currently under evaluation at Seton Hospital in Austin, according to his assistant Matthew Bentley. * * * * According to friends of Mr. Bashur, he is in intensive care at Seton. An ambulance met the airplane. I do not have any medical details.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Texas Lege Always Debates Abortion. This Year It Will Do So With More Vigor. By Andrea Zelinski
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe