This is the official release: AUSTIN – Reggie Bashur, 58, an Austin consultant and former press secretary to Gov. Bill Clements, fell ill while traveling back to Austin on Thursday night. He is currently under evaluation at Seton Hospital in Austin, according to his assistant Matthew Bentley. * * * * According to friends of Mr. Bashur, he is in intensive care at Seton. An ambulance met the airplane. I do not have any medical details.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- The Hero Myth of Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named “Big Beaners” Provokes Controversy
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- A New Texas COVID-19 Tracker Offers a Ton of Useful Information
- Thursday’s Tense But Peaceful Protest at the Austin Police Department
- A Q&A With the Organizer of the Black Lives Matter March in Vidor
- BBQ News Roundup: Supporting Black Pitmasters and Mourning Louisville’s David McAtee
- Remembering Bobby Morrow, the Texas Sprinter Who Was Once the World’s Fastest Man
- The Best and the Bums: Streets of Rage