As I understand it, states with unemployment rates that are above 6.8% for three consecutive months are eligible for more stimulus aid. In Texas, our share would be $600 million. The state’s unemployment rate exceeded the 6.8% floor for the two previous months. One more month and Texas qualifies for the money. A classic case of schadenfreude.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe