As I understand it, states with unemployment rates that are above 6.8% for three consecutive months are eligible for more stimulus aid. In Texas, our share would be $600 million. The state’s unemployment rate exceeded the 6.8% floor for the two previous months. One more month and Texas qualifies for the money. A classic case of schadenfreude.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe