The good news about Brandon Creighton’s and Steve Toth’s decision to run for Tommy Williams’ Senate seat (SD 4) is that there will be one less far-right member of the Legislature. One of them has to lose. In all seriousness, I think Creighton made a mistake with this decision. He had a chance to win a statewide office (Dept. of Agriculture) and passed it up.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- Is It Possible to Safely Hold a College Baseball Tournament in Bryan Right Now?
- How San Marcos Went From ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policing to Requiring That Officers Release Low-Level Offenders
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named ‘Big Beaners’ Provokes Controversy
- What Exactly Does the New York Times Think the Alamo Is?
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters