In episode six of the National Podcast of Texas, Monte Williams sits down with Texas Monthly Executive Editor Katy Vine to talk about her February story, “The Martian.” Katy recounts the remarkable career of astronaut Franklin Chang Díaz and his quest to develop a plasma engine, which might get us to Mars. Next, Senior Editor Abby Johnston has the first installment of a new segment called “On The Record.” Erika Wennerstrom, who sings in the band Heartless Bastards and will release her solo album debut in March, talks to Abby about the unexpected and ironic pressures of taking a break. Of course, listeners will also get to hear plenty of Erika’s distinctive sound.
- The Smoked Mollejas of Duval and Jim Hogg Counties
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- Most Politicians Don’t Court Muslim Voters. Bernie Is Betting on Them in Texas.
- Lonesome Dove Reunion Proves That the Three-Decade-Old Mini-Series Is Timeless
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
Trending in Podcasts
- Listen to the First Episode of Boomtown: “Highway to Hell”
- Boomtown, Episode 11: The Last Frontier
- The West Memphis Three’s Jason Baldwin Fights for the “Hopelessly Innocent” After 18 Years in Prison
- ‘The Real Housewives of Dallas’ Stars Stephanie Hollman and Brandi Redmond on the Show’s Latest ‘Heated and Hate-Filled’ Season
- Announcing ‘Boomtown,’ a New Podcast on the Greatest Oil Boom in History