In 1908, German immigrant William Specht bought some property outside Bulverde, Texas, about twenty miles north of San Antonio. He took over the operation of an existing store, and by the early twenties erected a building that, according to the Bulverde Standard, was originally a dance hall. Being…
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- Barbecue Joint Owners Aren’t Happy About the End of the Mask Mandate in Texas
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.