They’ve been smoking briskets over mesquite since Tony’s The Pit Bar-B-Q opened in 1958. Tony Vargas Sr. started the place, but according to Martha Vargas, it was her husband Tony Vargas Jr. that’s responsible for its most famous menu item – brisket hash. Mrs. Vargas recited the ingredient list without…
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.