The ofrenda we build to honor loved ones will include not only our distant past but also the very sorrow that we’re living through now.
Articles by Oscar Casares
This Year, Our Family’s Día de los Muertos Altar Will Memorialize Those Who Have Died From the Coronavirus
Exclusive Excerpt: Oscar Cásares’s Border Novel ‘Where We Come From’
Apr 24, 2019 — By Oscar Casares
In Texas Monthly writer-at-large Oscar Cásares’s forthcoming novel, a retired high school teacher in Brownsville is reluctantly pulled into the world of human trafficking.
TM This Week
- Sanderson Is an Underrated, Adventurous West Texas Escape
- Broken Pelvises, Collapsed Lungs, and Decades of Winning: Barrel Racing’s Martha Josey Has Seen It All
- How the Most Hyped U.S. Oil Merger in a Decade Went Bust
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Texas Wedding Photographers Have Seen Some $#!+