– A film about Patillo’s Bar-B-Que in Beaumont is in the works:
— Beth Rankin (@Beth_Rankin) February 2, 2016
– The Southern Foodways Alliance has uploaded a new oral history of Fresh Air Bar-B-Que in Jackson, Georgia. It opened in 1929.
– Texas Jack’s is a new barbecue joint in Washington D.C., and the Washington Post is impressed.
– USA Today looks at the challenges and benefits of expansion for barbecue and burger chains.
– The Smoke Shop is coming to Boston, and they’ve released a trailer of their menu:
– Michael Symon, chef and host of The Chew, shares his love for Black’s BBQ in Lockhart.
– BuzzFeed shows of their poor knowledge of life in Texas with this confusing list of “19 Food Truths Only Texans Would Understand.”
– A new barbecue sauce out of the LRGV has made it onto HEB shelves. The Jank sauce was created by Weslaco’s Lamar Jones.
– Pork fat is good fat:
— Robert Moss (@mossr) January 31, 2016
– Evie Mae’s Barbecue in Wolfforth was profiled in the local paper.
– The owners of Stanley’s Famous Pit Bar-B-Que in Tyler are going a different direction with their next venture which will be a pizza shop right down the street from the barbecue joint.
– The Smoking Ho visits Brisket Southern BBQ & Bar in Zurich, Switzerland.
– Do you know Wagyu?
— First We Feast (@firstwefeast) February 2, 2016
– Foodways Texas and Salt & Time are hosting Pork Shop on 2/21 in Austin. Attendees will learn all about butchering a cooking hogs.
– Texas BBQ Treasure Hunt takes us inside the Sausage Kings of Austin contest.
– Austin’s Slab BBQ is adding a new rib sandwich to their menu called The McDowell. It looks to be an improvement over the McRib.
– A closer look at The Granary in San Antonio:
— Eater (@Eater) January 29, 2016
– Texas Governor Greg Abbott is a new fan of Brooks Place BBQ in Houston.
– Was the chopped brisket sandwich invented in Houston? The Houston Chronicle finds an early recipe.
– Thrillist puts Barbecue Inn and Killen’s Barbecue on their list of Houston’s Restaurant Bucket List.
– Tickets are on sale for the Houston BBQ Festival:
— Houston Chronicle (@HoustonChron) February 2, 2016
– Pitmaster Will Fleischman has left Lockhart Smokehouse and now has a line of signature smokers from Black Iron BBQ.
– Texas Lifestyle Magazine is sweet on Ten 50 BBQ in Richardson.
– The Main Street Gurus visit Meat U Anywhere BBQ in Grapevine and come away impressed.
– Barbecue and the meat sweats:
It’s hard to drive with the meat sweats. Good thing Blind Spot Monitor is available in the new Volkswagen Passat.https://t.co/POo4aY10gJ
— Volkswagen USA (@VW) February 3, 2016