– John Lewis is close to opening his Charleston barbecue joint:
— Food Republic (@foodrepublic) February 17, 2016
– Texas Secretary of State Carlos Cascos chastises people who’ll stand in line for barbecue at Franklin, but won’t stand in line to vote.
– Eater Austin provides their guide to barbecue breakfast in Austin.
– Guns Up BBQ took a trip to Ten 50 BBQ in Richardson and is already planning a return trip.
– Parisian BBQ:
– Zimmerhanzel’s in Smithville closed down, but has been reopened by another owner under the name Smithville Pit BBQ.
– Pappa Charlies Barbeque gets an in depth look from the Houston Press.
– Gale and Harold Green cultivated a small-batch barbecue sauce business in Dallas.
– The CW 33 named their favorite barbecue joints in Dallas.
– The Dallas Observer is loving Winner’s BBQ in Plano:
— Dallas Observer (@Dallas_Observer) February 16, 2016
– Cochon 555 is bringing its heritage hog cooking competition to Houston on 02/28.
– Tickets are on sale for Red Dirt BBQ Festival which will be in Tyler on 05/14.
– The Houston BBQ Festival is at NRG Park on 05/22 and tickets are on sale.
– Munchies profiles Ronnie Killen:
– The San Francisco area is hopping with barbecue joint openings.
– BBQ Joint, a Mexican-inspired barbecue restaurant is coming to Chicago.
– A new owner is coming in at Moore’s Old Tyme Barbecue in New Bern, North Carolina, but they’ll still be cooking with wood.
– There’s a movie scheduled for a 2017 release entitled East Texas Hot Links.
– Sad news out of Liberty County, Texas where a four-year-old was crushed to death by a barbecue smoker shaped like a pistol.
– Cross-referencing primary candidate preferences with barbecue sauce preferences:
— John Lovett (@jlove1982) February 16, 2016