Duncan eeks out his 21 votes with all Democrats and the following Republicans: Averitt, Carona, Duncan, Eltife, Harris, Hegar, Ogden, Seliger, Wentworth. Same line-up, minus Hegar, wins passage to second reading.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame