Hear ye! Hear ye! Calling all nobles, knights, lords, and ladies to jog your merry way down to the Texas Renaissance Festival! The nation’s largest renaissance faire is preparing a celebration of the ages with its 49th season just around the corner. Every Saturday and Sunday, October 7 through November 26, you and your loved ones can delve into an intoxicatingly magical realm of song, dance, celebration, and merriment. The King and Queen of Texas Renaissance Festival hereby invite you!
Spread across a stunning 50,000 acres, the Village of New Market is a brick-by-brick recreation of a 16th century village. Complete with countless attractions and activities, the Texas Renaissance Festival is the perfect place to shrug off your problems of today and experience a better yesterday.
More than 400 vendors occupy this wonderful slice of yore, come wander through their wares! Offering everything from artisanal, handcrafted items like renaissance garb, jewelry, premium leather goods, pottery, art pieces, luxurious skincare products, swords and suits of armor, or even items that defy the imagination! Taste every flavor from around the world with our vast selection of food merchants. Each of these on-site restaurants are complete experiences on their own, sing along with your waiters and waitresses, stomp your feet, and raise your glass high with a mighty shout!
Entertainers, jugglers, jesters, and more wander the village seeking to delight audiences with the spectacle of their craft. A plethora of breathtaking shows await you inside the castle walls of the Texas Renaissance Festival. You can witness birds soar above your head and through the crowds during our Birds of Prey demonstrations, listen to heart-thumping music with the likes of Cantiga and Tartanic, marvel at the larger-than-life feats of Cirque Olympus or the Great Rondini, work up a sweat at our dazzling Fire Whip Show, or gasp at the Royal Fireworks as they fill the sky with magical colors.
Texas Renaissance Festival provides you with eight themed weekends:
- The Queen’s Birthday: All Hail Her Majesty, The Queen! Opening Weekend, come celebrate the Queen’s birthday with special pricing throughout the village, plus unique Queen’s birthday foods, beverages, and entertainment.
- 1001 Dreams: Faeries, elves, and other fanciful creatures bring enchantment to the lanes of New Market Village.
- Pirate Adventure: Avast, Ye Hearties! Heave to and come ashore for the most piratical party on the seven seas.
- All Hallows Eve: Ghoulies and ghosties arrive for some scary good when the Kingdom welcomes the Transylvanian court. Enter our Halloween costume contest or the Kettle Korn eating contest for a chance to win some “spook-tacular” prizes.
- Heroes and Villians: The mightiest heroes and heroines clash with the darkest of villains and vixens from history and legend.
- Barbarian Invasion: Join the Great Horde and feast, drink, and plunder your way through the village during this barbaric rumpus.
- Highland Fling: Lads and lassies—the pipes are calling you to a celebration of the joys of Scotland. Witness the thrill of the Highland games, show of your Scottish finery in the Bonnie Knees contest, and see if you have the misneach (courage) to participate in the haggis eating contest.
- Celtic Christmas: Father Christmas, Mother Christmas, and all the Christmas elves welcome children of all ages to our final three-day celebration of the coming Yuletide season. The Kingdom is transformed into a Christmas wonderland and holiday music fills the lanes. Find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list in our more than 400 shoppes. There’s also a holiday costume contest and the pumpkin pie eating contest to add to your Christmas cheer.
“Every detail of our village has been painstakingly researched and perfected so that you and your family can truly feel that you are someplace else,” says Marketing Chancellor Todd Wold, “from the populated streets filled with costumed entertainers, the smells of delicious foods wafting through the air, and the comfort that in this place your modern problems no longer matter—thanks to our wonderful staff, cast, and especially our patrons, the Texas Renaissance Festival has captured this feeling to share with you all every year.” If you are hungry for adventure and the memories of a lifetime, then your family at the Texas Renaissance Festival will be most honored to see you weekends October 7 – November 26. Huzzah!