The annual Central Market Wine Week is happening July 9 – July 15th, so we started thinking about our favorite food and wine combinations, and there are a lot. So we’ve compiled a quick list that mixes old classics and fresh new ideas, in seven pairings perfect to complete the entire wine filled week.
From little bubbles to big reds, bon appétit!
- Pianello Prosecco with Lemon Brined Fried Chicken, Whipped Yukon Gold Potatoes and Central Market Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Whipped potatoes and Brussels sprouts available in the Chef’s Case.
- Cross River Sauvignon Blanc and Fresh Red Snapper Ceviche with Texas Home Grown Tomato Slices and G Cardona Spicy Chips
- L’Oliveto Chardonnay and Marcona Almonds with Trochon Cheese and Stroope’s Texas Honey
- Chateau Paradis Rose Provence with Grilled Halibut topped with Victoria Amory Green Chile Piri Piri Sauce and Fresh Mango Slices
- Santa Barbara Pinot Noir and Grilled Scharfe Maxx Cheese Sandwich with Shallot Confit on Central Market Sourdough. Shallot confit available in the Deli / Cheese Department.
- Zuccardi A Series Malbec and Calabrese Rotisserie Chicken with Farro Salad & Antipasto Grilled Vegetables. Rotisserie chicken available in Chef Prepared department, salad and antipasto vegetables in the Chef’s Case.
- The Rule Cabernet and Grilled Cowboy Steaks with Green Peppercorn Sauce and Central Market Twice Baked Potatoes. Potatoes available in the Chef’s Case.
If these pairings have whet your appetite, then make sure to stop by the Wine Week Sip & Stroll on July 10th, where you can stroll through nine food and wine tastings throughout the store and discover new ways to enjoy your favorite wines, sample foods that pair beautifully with the selections, and chat with our experts.
Event registration is $10 per person and includes a commemorative etched glass, wine opener, and wine guide for you to take home.