This modest spot with vinyl tablecloths and a TV mounted on the wall is brought to life by the old players handling the forty-foot indoor pit. We encountered laborers, families, and professional types all enjoying crunchy-on-the-outside, flavorful-and-moist-on-the-inside 24-hour brisket along with juicy pork ribs and not-too-greasy sausage, all smoked over mesquite. The homemade sauce (with a touch of honey?) is mighty fine.
The juicy stories you crave, delivered to your inbox.
- The San Antonio Taco Trail By José R. Ralat
- Being Texan: Botánicas By Peter Holley
- Musician Xavier Omär Never Felt at Home Anywhere. Then He Got to Texas. By Will Schube
- For Years TX-23 Was the State’s Only True Congressional Swing District. Can Democrats Win It Back? By Dan Solomon
- Barbecue Joint Owners Aren’t Happy About the End of the Mask Mandate in Texas By Daniel Vaughn