Was Wendy Davis smart to embrace open carry? I think not. In the end, a lot more of her core constituency will be disappointed than will be elated. And I don’t see that she has much to gain. Greg Abbott long ago wrapped up the support of the gun toting crowd (I seem to recall a certain cover of a certain magazine with a certain shotgun) and there is no way Davis can compete for it. This isn’t a huge misstep, but it does reinforce the narrative of a campaign and a candidacy that doesn’t know what it is doing.
- The National Media Hilariously Misunderstands Texas Geography
- The Eyes of Texas Were Upon Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’
- Let’s All Hope Tony Buzbee Drank a Lot of Water Last Night
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- The Crowded Houston Mayoral Race Has Shaken Up Traditional Bayou City Politics