My mouth is watering so much I may have to stop at the dry cleaner’s on my way home: I just read Hudson’s on the Bend prixe fixe menu for Austin Restaurant Week, which starts this Sunday: They’re offering chipotle lobster bisque, hot and crunchy trout on mango-jalapeno aioli, pecan-smoked duck breast paired with seared diver scallops with a red chile/honey/tangerine glaze, and–for dessert–Chambord chocolate mousse with “legs of fudge.” And what is the damage for all this largesse? A paltry $35, including wine pairings for the app and entree. People! You can’t NOT do this. If not at Hudson’s, then at one of the other restaurants that are in the line-up, like County Line, Cru wine bar, Eddie V’s, Fino, Parkside, and many more. Proceeds benefit the Sustainable Food Center Austin. So get cracking. The “week” (it’s actually broken into two parts) runs Feb 28-Mar 3 and Mar 7-10. Check the ARW web site, link above, for the full list.
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones