- A cowboy rode his horse into a Taco Bell in Commerce.
- Claude ISD posted a sign in front of a school building warning that the staff is armed and ready to employ “whatever force necessary” to protect students.
- A Clear Lake City library used a 3-D printer to make a pink-and-purple prosthetic hand for a five-year-old girl.
- Harris County sheriff’s deputies seized a large stash of guns, ammo, and body armor from a South Houston bingo hall.
- Zookeepers rescued a kitten from the Komodo dragon exhibit at the Fort Worth Zoo.
- Five men threw about $50,000 in cash out the window of their SUV during a high-speed chase with police through Polk and Liberty counties.
- In separate incidents, one Dallas man stole a car to “pick up hookers” and another Dallas man drove a stolen ambulance to several adult bookstores.
- A twelve-year-old boy from Lubbock started his freshman year at Cornell.
- A man who was high on drugs fell off a roof in Lufkin while having sex.
- A McLennan County assistant district attorney who prosecutes DWI cases was arrested and charged with DWI.
- Turkish hackers took over the city of Killeen’s website for the second time this year.
Meanwhile, in Texas . . .
Some crazy stuff went down here last month. Here are a handful of headlines you may have missed.