In Granada’s cathedral,George Krause encountered this image of the prophet’s severed head as Salome might have seen it. Since the early sixties, the University of Houston photography professor has explored the vivid iconography of Hispanic churches in an ongoing series called Saints and Martyrs. Selections from this and other projects appear in George Krause: A Retrospective (Rice University Press, $39.95). The book has an introductory essay by curator Anne W. Tucker, which also interprets an exhibition opening in March 1992 at the Houston Museum of Fine Arts.
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- “This Is a Matter of Survival”
- Why Is Texas So Far Behind Other States in Responding to the Coronavirus?
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.