– Behold the Bubba tater:
Not for purists: @jcreidtx on that guilty bbq pleasure, the loaded baked potato https://t.co/Q1H23FztPj via @HoustonChron
— Alison Cook (@alisoncook) October 2, 2016
– Aaron Franklin on his parents’s short-lived foray into barbecue: “It took them about two years to realize it was a terrible way to live.”
– KXAN heads down to Valentina’s Tex-Mex Barbecue in Austin for a full spread of barbecue tacos.
– BBQ Recon revisits La Barbecue in Austin, and they haven’t missed a beat.
Crank “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyonce really loud while you read this excellent piece from @BBQsnob https://t.co/bBibhmgNdd — Helen Hollyman (@HHOLLYMAN) October 5, 2016
– The Sixth Annual Gettin’ Sauced event is coming to the Shady Springs Party Barn in Austin on Sunday, October 6th. The barbecue line-up is impressive.
– Cranfills Gap will host the Bacon Bash once again. It’s coming up on 10/15.
– The DMN headed to Fort Worth for some Heim BBQ:
Restaurant review (via Mark Vamos): @HeimBBQ, bacon burnt ends (and other treats) so good they stop traffic https://t.co/po9cwyqAkV pic.twitter.com/T9eCnei9p0
— Leslie Brenner (@lesbren) October 5, 2016
– Jason Dady shared some of the signature cherry glazed baby backs from Two Bros. BBQ with CBS This Morning, and announced that a second location of Two Bros. BBQ is in the works.
– The owner of Schoepf’s BBQ in Belton is looking to expand his business by opening a local meat market.
– A new barbecue joint is taking shape in Houston:
New pits are in the building! 2 Klose Pits ready to smoke some true Texas BBQ. #Houbbq pic.twitter.com/tpDVSGtX1r — Pinkerton’s Barbecue (@PinkertonsBBQ) October 4, 2016
– Tom Wilmer of KCBX visited with Arnis Robbins to discuss the new location of Evie Mae’s Barbeque in Wolfforth.
– Stillwater Barbeque in Abilene has begun a Reaper Rib Challenge. You get 15 minutes to eat five incredibly spicy ribs, and this video doesn’t make it look easy.
– I talked with the Texas Standard about the only 24/7 barbecue joint in Texas.
– Pork is cheap, really cheap:
Ham, bacon, ribs, pork loins — if it has to do with pigs, prices are in the doldrums https://t.co/1bcVD3yZie pic.twitter.com/BCj9GJJdAR
— Bloomberg (@business) October 2, 2016
– The Dallas Observer was impressed with Post Oak Smokehouse in Irving.
– The Dallas Kosher BBQ Championship will be held on 10/30 and they’re looking for competitors.
– Here’s part three of the four-part Burnt Legend series that tells the story of KC burnt ends:
– Siblings in Kinston, North Carolina prepare to compete against one another in a whole hog barbecue contest.
– In response to the state’s controversial HB2, The Daily Show opened a barbecue trailer in Raleigh, North Carolina called Bone Bros. Flamin’ BBQ, which refused service to people who the owners arbitrarily determined were gay.
– Do you get the meat sweats?
We spoke with a doctor to explore the semi-mythical phenomenon of “meat sweats” https://t.co/46HJArjR4d pic.twitter.com/sIpamozB1R — First We Feast (@firstwefeast) October 3, 2016