– Barbecue deflation at Snow’s BBQ:
The 10 best things I ate in 2016. https://t.co/t7VF8wa4UW
— Danny Chau (@dannychau) December 20, 2016
– The Today Show sent a crew to Austin to see how they cook the barbecue at Franklin.
– Munchies highlights the 6 best barbecue joints around Austin.
– Here’s the early word on the barbecue at the new EastSide Tavern in Austin.
– Guitar art imitates barbecue:
Guess we shoulda called it Brisket Burst. pic.twitter.com/xDmwEfS8wO
— Mark Holcomb (@MarkPeriphery) December 16, 2016
– Zagat provides this first look at the steak and barbecue at the new Killen’s STQ in Houston.
– Sadly, Charles Vincek, namesake of Vincek’s Smokehouse in East Bernard, has passed away.
– Smokey Denmark’s in East Austin has shut down their food truck operation to focus more on their core business of sausage making.
– Ever heard of that Pecan Lodge place?
— Central Track (@Central_Track) December 14, 2016
– Abe Avila closed Texas Monthly Top 50 joint Wild Blue BBQ in Los Fresnos in 2013. He’s back, but in Brownsville with 1848 BBQ.
– Buddy’s BBQ serves out of the Big Easy convenience store in Bedford, as documented by the Star-Telegram.
– Central Track says these are the five best ribs in Dallas (and Plano).
– The best new BBQ in DFW according to the Dallas Observer:
Burnt Ends, Beef Ribs and Bacon: The Best DFW Barbecue of 2016 https://t.co/UB5a5E0rn1
— Dallas Observer Food (@cityofate) December 20, 2016
– If you’re looking for whole hog across the South (and NYC), this map from BBQ Hub should have you covered.
– The Telegram, out of Montreal, Quebec, came down to Texas to try the barbecue.
– Brazilian barbecue in Texas:
— Eater (@Eater) December 19, 2016
– MyHighPlains works quickly, and has already highlighted our Panhandle picks for best fried sides in Texas barbecue.
– J C Reid of the Houston Chronicle looks at the thermodynamics of barbecue.
– Some serious rotisseries:
Wanna get one of these bad boys built! Chancho al palo! pic.twitter.com/ByLVhnSvJz
— BBQ Diaries (@TomBrayBBQ) December 16, 2016