As a general rule, the barbecue biz is pretty low-tech, but we noticed that owner Robert Thompson and his wife, Linda, both wore wireless telephone headsets. Perhaps this be-prepared attitude is the secret to Thompson’s success. He insists that pecan is the correct wood and that twelve hours is the correct smoking time. Tender brisket and pork shoulder bore out his theories, although the meat could have done with a lot less salt in the rub.
The juicy stories you crave, delivered to your inbox.
- Barbecue Joint Owners Aren’t Happy About the End of the Mask Mandate in Texas By Daniel Vaughn
- ShaneBoy’s Craft Hawaiian Grindz Is Bringing the Aloha Spirit to Texas Barbecue By Daniel Vaughn
- “Scheduling Angels” Are Scouring the Internet to Book Vaccine Appointments for Strangers By Morgan O'Hanlon
- A Barbecue Wood Shortage Is the Latest Side Effect of the Winter Storm By Daniel Vaughn
- Burning Questions with Butter’s BBQ By TM BBQ Club