The combination of the frequently awesome mesquite-smoked meats and a terrific vibe have attracted barbecue hounds from far and wide for more than a quarter century. Inside, you’ll find old-timey claw-foot tables and a relaxed attitude about housekeeping, which is to say the place hasn’t seen a mop in ages.
The juicy stories you crave, delivered to your inbox.
- Van’s Bar BQ By Daniel Vaughn
- I’ll Be Missing ’Cue: Saluting Joints That Are Gone but Not Forgotten By Daniel Vaughn
- BBQ News Roundup: Want to Buy a Top 50 Barbecue Joint? By Daniel Vaughn
- Dozier’s Has Been Making Traditional Texas Barbecue for 63 Years. Under New Pitmaster Jim Buchanan, It’s Even Better. By Daniel Vaughn
- BBQ News Roundup: A Fort Worth Restaurant’s New Online “Meat Locker” Sells Brisket to Smoke at Home By Daniel Vaughn