I have not seen the opinion, just a press release that says, “… [T]he California Supreme Court has ruled that existing state statute barring same-sex couples from marriage is a violation of the California Constitution because it discriminates based on sexual orientation and sex and violates the fundamental right to marry, which are [sic] protected by the California Constitution’s guarantees of privacy, intimate association, and due process. More to come after I read the opinion.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- Congressman Michael C. Burgess on Balancing Public Health and the Economy
- Hollywood, Texas: Your 2020 Graduation Speaker Will Be Beyoncé
- The 29-Year-Old Bodybuilder Behind the Armed Effort to Reopen Texas