“Senate District 10 partners victorious in preserving&strengthening ’08 district. Lege damage repaired. Thanks to all who supported&believed.” [tweeted @ 1:33 p.m.] * * * * Just pointing out the obvious: The saving of Davis’s seat could take on added significance if senators choose the successor to Lieutenant Governor Dewhurst.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Bull Session: Remember the Alamo? And Wendy Davis? And That Peloton Ad? By Sean O'Neal
- The Texas Tribune’s Evan Smith Celebrates 10 Years of Nonprofit Journalism By Andy Langer
- Royce Brooks: “Our Priority Is Making the Biggest, Best Run at Flipping Control of the State House” By Andy Langer
- Wendy Davis: “The Midterms Were a Wake-up Call for Republican Leaders in Texas” By Andy Langer
- Women in the Suburbs Reckon With Trump, the Pandemic, and the Movement for Racial Justice By Mimi Swartz