The vote was 263-171. Here is how the 32-member Texas delegation voted. Note that Lampson, McCaul, and Rodriguez, all of whom have tough races, voted against it. Democrats FOR (9) Edwards Cuellar Gonzalez Green Hinojosa Jackson-Lee Johnson (E.B.) Ortiz Reyes Republicans FOR (6) Brady Conaway Granger Sessions Smith Thornberry Democrats AGAINST (4) Doggett Green Lampson Rodriguez Republicans AGAINST (13) Barton Burgess Carter Culberson Gohmert Hall Hensarling Johnson (Sam) Marchant McCaul Neugebauer Paul Poe
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe