The vote was 263-171. Here is how the 32-member Texas delegation voted. Note that Lampson, McCaul, and Rodriguez, all of whom have tough races, voted against it. Democrats FOR (9) Edwards Cuellar Gonzalez Green Hinojosa Jackson-Lee Johnson (E.B.) Ortiz Reyes Republicans FOR (6) Brady Conaway Granger Sessions Smith Thornberry Democrats AGAINST (4) Doggett Green Lampson Rodriguez Republicans AGAINST (13) Barton Burgess Carter Culberson Gohmert Hall Hensarling Johnson (Sam) Marchant McCaul Neugebauer Paul Poe
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- A Houston Suburb’s Mayoral Race Has Become a Texas Bellwether By Mike Snyder
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us. By Dan Solomon
- Lizzie Fletcher’s 2018 Victory in TX-7 Proved Democrats Could Win in the Texas Suburbs. Can the GOP Take the Seat Back? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe