The vote was 263-171. Here is how the 32-member Texas delegation voted. Note that Lampson, McCaul, and Rodriguez, all of whom have tough races, voted against it. Democrats FOR (9) Edwards Cuellar Gonzalez Green Hinojosa Jackson-Lee Johnson (E.B.) Ortiz Reyes Republicans FOR (6) Brady Conaway Granger Sessions Smith Thornberry Democrats AGAINST (4) Doggett Green Lampson Rodriguez Republicans AGAINST (13) Barton Burgess Carter Culberson Gohmert Hall Hensarling Johnson (Sam) Marchant McCaul Neugebauer Paul Poe
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- Congressman Michael C. Burgess on Balancing Public Health and the Economy
- Hollywood, Texas: Your 2020 Graduation Speaker Will Be Beyoncé
- The 29-Year-Old Bodybuilder Behind the Armed Effort to Reopen Texas