And the sun rose in the east. Describing the race between Tom Craddick and Bill Dingus as one between “two good Midlanders,” the paper urged a vote for Craddick because of all he had done for Midland, and because of his support for tort reform and other conservative issues in the House. It did not mention the controversies that have surrounded his speakership. Endorsement editorials are under no compulsion to present an even-handed view of the candidates, but this one was remarkable in its omission of the obvious.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame