And the sun rose in the east. Describing the race between Tom Craddick and Bill Dingus as one between “two good Midlanders,” the paper urged a vote for Craddick because of all he had done for Midland, and because of his support for tort reform and other conservative issues in the House. It did not mention the controversies that have surrounded his speakership. Endorsement editorials are under no compulsion to present an even-handed view of the candidates, but this one was remarkable in its omission of the obvious.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- Amid a Spate of Late-Term Trump Pardons, Reality Winner’s Name Remains Conspicuously Absent By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe