And the sun rose in the east. Describing the race between Tom Craddick and Bill Dingus as one between “two good Midlanders,” the paper urged a vote for Craddick because of all he had done for Midland, and because of his support for tort reform and other conservative issues in the House. It did not mention the controversies that have surrounded his speakership. Endorsement editorials are under no compulsion to present an even-handed view of the candidates, but this one was remarkable in its omission of the obvious.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free