At least three other names have surfaced so far. One is Rebecca Boenigk, (pronounced “BAY-nig), whose announcement touted her ability to create jobs. She is the CEO and chairman of Neutral Posture, Inc., which the release bills as “one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of ergonomic office chairs.” Her resume is mostly civic, not political. Another likely contender to replace Brown is Bryan mayor Jason Bienski. Former tax assessor-collector Buddy Winn could run as well; he forced Brown into a runoff in the 2010 primary, but Brown easily won the runoff. This shapes up as a very competitive race.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas