I’m referring to the recent poll by Wilson Perkins Allen that shows Romney leading Obama in Texas by 55-40. (McCain had similar numbers, 55-44.) With Democrats getting only 40% of the vote, what’s the surprise in these numbers? There is none. Obama is not providing enough coattails for Democratic legislative candidates to win seats.I question whether the Democratic party has the resources to generate a get-out-the-vote effort that might perceptibly narrow the gap. The only interesting data point is that Romney is getting only 32% of the Hispanic vote. In the long run–and it may be very long indeed–Republicans cannot continue to win elections while getting less than a third of the Hispanic vote. But that won’t become apparent until the end of this decade.
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- “It’s Going to Be Three Months of Purgatory—If We’re Lucky”
- Texas Anti-Vaxxers Fear Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines More Than the Virus Itself
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.