I am posting this at the request of Reggie’s family. The doctors completely removed the original tumor. There was a second tumor discovered. Fortunately, this tumor is smaller and treatable. Reggie is awake and doing well. The family appreciates all of your continued support and asks to be kept in your thoughts and prayers. I have been told by a close associate that Reggie will remain in Houston at a recovery facility through Tuesday. He called a friend in Austin this morning to talk about the speaker’s race and other Capitol matters. He said he was feeling fine except for a slight headache, and his doctor told him it would be gone by tomorrow.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- The Hero Myth of Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named “Big Beaners” Provokes Controversy
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- A New Texas COVID-19 Tracker Offers a Ton of Useful Information
- Thursday’s Tense But Peaceful Protest at the Austin Police Department
- A Q&A With the Organizer of the Black Lives Matter March in Vidor
- BBQ News Roundup: Supporting Black Pitmasters and Mourning Louisville’s David McAtee
- Remembering Bobby Morrow, the Texas Sprinter Who Was Once the World’s Fastest Man
- The Best and the Bums: Streets of Rage