I am posting this at the request of Reggie’s family. The doctors completely removed the original tumor. There was a second tumor discovered. Fortunately, this tumor is smaller and treatable. Reggie is awake and doing well. The family appreciates all of your continued support and asks to be kept in your thoughts and prayers. I have been told by a close associate that Reggie will remain in Houston at a recovery facility through Tuesday. He called a friend in Austin this morning to talk about the speaker’s race and other Capitol matters. He said he was feeling fine except for a slight headache, and his doctor told him it would be gone by tomorrow.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Democrats Have Poured Money Into a Long Shot Bid to Defeat Rising GOP Star Dan Crenshaw By Dan Solomon
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe