A friend reports from a forum in Corpus Christi at which Juan Garcia and Todd Hunter spoke: Juan and Todd appeared at a forum last week and from all accounts Juan totally dominated. Todd was visibly frustrated. People who seem to know these things tell me this race is going to be a lot tighter than originally thought. Todd is trying to tie him to Mikal Watts, et al, while Juan is hammering him on our windstorm insurance rates (highest in the state) and his ties to the insurance industry. (Hunter was a lobbyist.) It is going to be a very nasty fight.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Meet the Harris County Voters Who Showed Up After Midnight to Cast a Ballot By Peter Holley
- The Unlikely Candidate Who Might Flip a Republican Stronghold By Luisita Lopez Torregrosa
- An Underdog Democrat Flipped Texas’s Thirty-second in 2018. Republicans Face an Uphill Battle to Win It Back. By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe