The world little noted nor long remembered Terry Sullivan’s clueless work as lead consultant for the Hutchison campaign before he returned to South Carolina with a suitcase full of her money. A Hutchison supporter sent me a gleeful e-mail noting the defeat of Sullivan’s candidate in the Palmetto State’s gubernatorial primary yesterday. State rep Gresham Barrett, Sullivan’s candidate, lost 65-35 to Nikki Haley yesterday in the South Carolina gubernatorial primary. The result was foreordained, as Haley had 49% on primary day.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- A Houston Suburb’s Mayoral Race Has Become a Texas Bellwether By Mike Snyder
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us. By Dan Solomon
- Lizzie Fletcher’s 2018 Victory in TX-7 Proved Democrats Could Win in the Texas Suburbs. Can the GOP Take the Seat Back? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe