The U.S. Supreme Court today upheld the State of Texas power to reject a request for a state vehicle license plate that includes an image of the Confederate battle flag. The request had been made by the Sons of Confederate Veterans as part of the state’s specialty plate program. The court ruled the plates are government speech and not individual free speech. We discussed this at length back in March on Burkablog.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free