I have been told that there is an agreement that the vote for speaker will occur by paper ballot. As the Quorum Report related earlier today, the Pitts camp wants the ballots made public after committee assignments, so that Craddick, if victorious, would not be able to punish members who voted against him. No agreement has been reached on when the ballots will be made public. I’m sure most members would favor January 9, 2107.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI. By Peter Holley
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning. By Leif Reigstad
- Who’s Responsible for the Texas Blackouts? By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe