I have been told that there is an agreement that the vote for speaker will occur by paper ballot. As the Quorum Report related earlier today, the Pitts camp wants the ballots made public after committee assignments, so that Craddick, if victorious, would not be able to punish members who voted against him. No agreement has been reached on when the ballots will be made public. I’m sure most members would favor January 9, 2107.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Record Turnout Helped Texas Republicans, So Why Are They Still Pushing to Make It Harder to Vote? By Mike Snyder
- How Austin Cut One Third of Its Spending on the Police Department By Leif Reigstad
- What Does MAGA Look Like After Trump? This Weekend’s Protests Offer Clues. By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe