My best guess: Perry 48 Hutchison 32 Medina 20 Three things to be determined: 1. Can Perry win without a runoff? Perry has said yes. That may cause some of his voters to stay home. 2. Can Medina overtake Hutchison to get in a runoff? I don’t think so. 3. How far behind does Hutchison have to be before she concedes rather than go through a run-off? It’s really up to her contributors. They may pull the plug.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Democrats Have Poured Money Into a Long Shot Bid to Defeat Rising GOP Star Dan Crenshaw By Dan Solomon
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe