My best guess: Perry 48 Hutchison 32 Medina 20 Three things to be determined: 1. Can Perry win without a runoff? Perry has said yes. That may cause some of his voters to stay home. 2. Can Medina overtake Hutchison to get in a runoff? I don’t think so. 3. How far behind does Hutchison have to be before she concedes rather than go through a run-off? It’s really up to her contributors. They may pull the plug.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Texas Lege Always Debates Abortion. This Year It Will Do So With More Vigor. By Andrea Zelinski
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe