My perfectly normal day has just been ruined. Bill McKenzie of the Dallas Morning News and I were doing a radio interview about the governor’s race on KERA in Dallas when a caller said she had heard that Rick Perry was going to name Kent Grusendorf, the former House education committee chair who was defeated in the Republican primary spring, the next commissioner of education, and that Grusendorf was building a house in Austin. Perry wouldn’t do that, would he? Oh, yes he would.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame