My perfectly normal day has just been ruined. Bill McKenzie of the Dallas Morning News and I were doing a radio interview about the governor’s race on KERA in Dallas when a caller said she had heard that Rick Perry was going to name Kent Grusendorf, the former House education committee chair who was defeated in the Republican primary spring, the next commissioner of education, and that Grusendorf was building a house in Austin. Perry wouldn’t do that, would he? Oh, yes he would.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- Amid a Spate of Late-Term Trump Pardons, Reality Winner’s Name Remains Conspicuously Absent By Leif Reigstad
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe