From the AP: WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama and his Democratic allies are conceding for the first time that they may have to accept a less ambitious health overhaul bill than the massive one they’ve struggled for a year to assemble. If Obama had done this six months ago, when it was apparent that health care was in trouble, nobody would ever have heard of Scott Brown.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe