BBQ News: 01/15 – 01/21
– Georgia-style Texas brisket?
— Atlanta Magazine (@AtlantaMagazine) January 19, 2016
– Eater Atlanta didn’t let DAS BBQ off the hook for some odd comments about women diners and their children. DAS also attributes Georgia barbecue culture wholly to the German and Czech settlers of Georgia.
– These are the best ribs in the country according to Food Network.
– Say “Happy Mardi Gras” with a pulled pork king cake:
— Jordan Breal (@jordanbreal) January 19, 2016
– John Lewis of La Barbecue in Austin and John Lewis BBQ in Charleston is having a pop-up featuring smoked ox-tails.
– The Docsconz blog takes us on a tour of Brooklyn barbecue.
– Jim Shahin at the Washington Post finds some real Texas barbecue at The Beast in Paris.
– BBQ lawsuit:
Buccee’s sues its supplier over brisket prices. https://t.co/JaHD2lpS3S
— J.C. Reid (@jcreidtx) January 20, 2016
– Guns Up BBQ attended the TMBBQ Behind the Pit Dinner at Pecan Lodge and filed this report.
– The Food Fantasy blog is impressed with their visit to Rio Grande Grill in Harlingen.
– BBQ Recon enjoyed their visit to Hwy 29 BBQ in Bertram.
– Learn hog butchery in Houston:
— Revival Market (@RevivalMarket) January 21, 2016
– That Stubbs BBQ quarrel looks to be headed to court.
– You can now buy dog food in Texas brisket BBQ flavor. Sorry pups. It contains no brisket, just “Artificial BBQ Brisket Flavor.”
– Barbecue in Switzerland:
Found some BBQ in Zurich, Switzerland. ???????? A pleasant surprise. Brisket, pulled pork, ribs, pork belly, and chicken. pic.twitter.com/vGivsehcsm
— Jimmy Ho (@TheSmokingHo) January 20, 2016
– KRLD interviewed Andy Sedino of Meat U Anywhere BBQ.
– A new H-E-B store in Seguin incudes a True Texas BBQ counter.
– Lakewood Smokehouse, from the owners of 3 Stacks BBQ in Frisco, is now open in Dallas.
– The Pit Bar-B-Que is the new kid in town in San Angelo.
— Bon Appetit Magazine (@bonappetit) January 17, 2016
– Boris Grekalo traveled from Almaty, Kazakhstan to Houston to learn Texas barbecue from Roegels Barbecue Co.
– Vancouver-based Montecristo Magazine finds great barbecue in Lockhart, Austin, and San Antonio.
– The Austin Food & Wine Festival is coming in April and includes Stiles Switch BBQ, Louie Mueller Barbecue, and Two Bros. BBQ.
– Clark’s Outpost is Tioga suffered a catastrophic fire:
— Dallas Morning News (@dallasnews) January 19, 2016
– Here is Clark’s Outpost the day after:
— Robin Bagwell (@Nbagdtx) January 18, 2016
– At least we can still watch this vintage clip of Clark’s founder Warren Clark:
— Russell Jones (@Russell44Jones) January 18, 2016