I watched the morning news shows today. The most interesting comment I heard was on Morning Joe, and it was that from Obama’s perspective, losing the case is not all bad. The White House can blame nine folks in black robes. FDR mastered the strategy during the New Deal. The Supreme Court is very likely to make a number of controversial decisions in the coming months, on such subjects as health care, affirmative action in college admissions, Voter ID, and redistricting, all of which could go against the left. If that occurs, the White House will have a lot to say about it at election time.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Record Turnout Helped Texas Republicans, So Why Are They Still Pushing to Make It Harder to Vote? By Mike Snyder
- How Austin Cut One Third of Its Spending on the Police Department By Leif Reigstad
- What Does MAGA Look Like After Trump? This Weekend’s Protests Offer Clues. By Christopher Hooks
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe