I watched the morning news shows today. The most interesting comment I heard was on Morning Joe, and it was that from Obama’s perspective, losing the case is not all bad. The White House can blame nine folks in black robes. FDR mastered the strategy during the New Deal. The Supreme Court is very likely to make a number of controversial decisions in the coming months, on such subjects as health care, affirmative action in college admissions, Voter ID, and redistricting, all of which could go against the left. If that occurs, the White House will have a lot to say about it at election time.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- The Great Texas Blackout Was Caused by a Failure to Ensure Supplies of Natural Gas By Charles Blanchard
- Greg Abbott Celebrated Texas Independence Day by Ending COVID-19 Restrictions By Dan Solomon
- Ted Cruz’s Attempt to Court Trump’s Base Meets a Predictable Obstacle: Trump By Jonathan Tilove
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe