In my previous post on the Bill White rumors, I mentioned that I had asked my Houston-based colleague, Mimi Swartz, to check out the talk that he is going to switch from the Senate race to the governor’s race. This is the e-mail she received from Frank Michel of the White operation: Confirmed there is no truth to the rumor. A number of blog posts available today discussing the fact that it’s still untrue, including Ross Ramsay’s posting on the Texas Tribune and Charles Kuffner’s Off the Kuff blog. Am told that a handful of people are spreading the rumor far and wide. Katy Bacon, the campaign communications director is copied on this e-mail and she should know.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- ‘How Can They Expect Peace When They Won’t Give Us Peace’: A Weekend of Demonstrations in Dallas Over Police Killings
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 14: Savoring Time With the Parents
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- Texas Monthly Recommends: Making a Backyard Water Park
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation