In my previous post on the Bill White rumors, I mentioned that I had asked my Houston-based colleague, Mimi Swartz, to check out the talk that he is going to switch from the Senate race to the governor’s race. This is the e-mail she received from Frank Michel of the White operation: Confirmed there is no truth to the rumor. A number of blog posts available today discussing the fact that it’s still untrue, including Ross Ramsay’s posting on the Texas Tribune and Charles Kuffner’s Off the Kuff blog. Am told that a handful of people are spreading the rumor far and wide. Katy Bacon, the campaign communications director is copied on this e-mail and she should know.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- A Houston Suburb’s Mayoral Race Has Become a Texas Bellwether By Mike Snyder
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us. By Dan Solomon
- Lizzie Fletcher’s 2018 Victory in TX-7 Proved Democrats Could Win in the Texas Suburbs. Can the GOP Take the Seat Back? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe