In my previous post on the Bill White rumors, I mentioned that I had asked my Houston-based colleague, Mimi Swartz, to check out the talk that he is going to switch from the Senate race to the governor’s race. This is the e-mail she received from Frank Michel of the White operation: Confirmed there is no truth to the rumor. A number of blog posts available today discussing the fact that it’s still untrue, including Ross Ramsay’s posting on the Texas Tribune and Charles Kuffner’s Off the Kuff blog. Am told that a handful of people are spreading the rumor far and wide. Katy Bacon, the campaign communications director is copied on this e-mail and she should know.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Who Were the Texans Who Traveled to the Capitol to Challenge the Election Results? By Sierra Juarez and Peter Holley
- After Standing Up to Ted Cruz and Donald Trump, Congressman Chip Roy Faces an Uncertain Future in the Texas GOP By Jonathan Tilove
- The Texas Legislature Made It Just Three Days Without a COVID-19 Scare By Andrea Zelinski
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe