If you’re the type who MUST be first with everything, today would be a good time to check out chef John Tesar’s new restaurant in the Woodlands (north of Houston). It’s opening, yes, today, so you know the poor guy is probably ready to set his hair on fire about now. Tesar’s has an upscale component (steaks, whole fish, emphasis on organic and naturally raised meats). And it’s got a downscale element (a burger bar). The burger bar is open at 3 p.m., the restaurant at 5 p.m. The address is 1701 Lake Robbins Drive (across from the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, in the Woodlands; 281-465-0700). They promised to take a picture tonight and send it, so I will post that soon, like tomorrow. Who’s Tesar? He was chef at the Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas, most recently.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Our best recipes and favorite places to eat.
- Salaryman Permanently Closes as Chef Justin Holt Fights Leukemia By Patricia Sharpe
- What Does MAGA Look Like After Trump? This Weekend’s Protests Offer Clues. By Christopher Hooks
- The Unlikely Candidate Who Might Flip a Republican Stronghold By Luisita Lopez Torregrosa
- Why Quinn Mason, a 24-Year-Old Composer From Dallas, May Be Classical Music’s Next Superstar By Katy Vine
- Tex-Mexplainer: Five Essential Mexican Cooking Tools for Any Kitchen By José R. Ralat