Just got an announcement: The Mighty Cone food trailer is having its opening day this Saturday all day (from 11 to 11) at 1603 S. Congress, that’s the southeast corner of Congress & Monroe. TMC is a food truck from Hudson’s on the Bend, selling Hudson’s signature hot ‘n’ crunchy cones. Pretty damn addictive. If you haven’t had a hot ‘n’ ‘crunchy at ACL Fest, here’s a description, courtesy of Hudson’s: “. . . chicken, shrimp, or avocado crusted in a mixture of almonds, sesame seeds, corn flakes, chile flakes, and sugar, then “deep-sauteed” and placed in a tortilla-lined paper cone and topped with a jalapeno-and-mango slaw.” Less than $10. Not much of a web page yet, but they have a Facebook page.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 12: Our DIY Graduation Ceremony