News flash: Big-time Dallas chef Kent Rathbun is going casual. On Feb. 23, he will open Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen at 6130 Luther Lane, 214-890-1103. He says it will feature the kinds of dishes he ccoks for the family, and that he grew up eating himself. Hmmmmm. I’m looking at the press release and it has descriptions like “Texas Fried Quail with Heirloom Corn-Chipotle Spoonbread” and “Whole Wheat Texas Pecan Waffle with Lattie Da Goat Cheese and Round Rock Hney.” Gosh, I don’t remember my mom doing anything like that–we were eating high on the hog if we got meat pies made with Sunday’s leftover roast beef. I guess that’s why Kent’s a chef and I’m not.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame