- A Denton County man named Doug allegedly shot at firefighters and declared his intention to secede from the U.S. and establish the country of “Dougistan.”
- The Duncanville Independent School District changed its dress code after more than 150 students were suspended in a single month for such violations as wearing pants without a belt.
- A woman in an advanced stage of labor stopped at a Pasadena elementary school on the way to the hospital to register her four-year-old son for pre-K and wound up delivering her baby in the school’s clinic.
- Court documents revealed that in 2011 the wife of the president of Texas Values, an anti-gay group, left him for a woman.
- Corpus Christi was named one of the happiest places in the country by the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research.
- The tribute flag of a fallen Marine, which had been missing for nine years, was found at a Hemphill flea market and returned to the Marine’s mother in Humble.
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection seized nearly five thousand counterfeit hairdryers in a single shipment at the Port of Houston.
- A woman was kicked out of a Spring pizza restaurant for changing her infant’s diaper at the table.
- An unidentified person donated a human skull to a Goodwill outlet in Austin.