- The Brenham owner of the world’s largest barbecue pit, which can cook four tons of meat, put the grill up for sale on eBay with a starting price of $350,000.
- A first-grade teacher in New Braunfels announced that she would donate one of her kidneys to a six-year-old student suffering organ failure.
- The Rosenberg Police Department released a sketch of a robbery suspect wearing a ski mask.
- Texas Tech students protested as a bulldozer knocked down an eleven-foot-tall “snow penis.”
- A Dallas woman whose vehicle was hit by a fleeing robber and who then tackled him was given a new car by a local dealership.
- A Kermit fourth grader was suspended for making a terroristic threat after telling other students that his magic ring would make them disappear.
- A Fort Worth police officer rescued a puppy running loose on Interstate 30.
- Match.com revealed that “oil” is the most common word used in online dating profiles from Texas.
- A participant in the Austin Marathon crawled the last yards of the race after collapsing from physical exhaustion and still placed third.
- A Floresville woman fatally injured in a car accident was comforted in her last moments by a passerby who stopped to help.
Meanwhile, in Texas . . .
Some crazy stuff went down last month. Here are a handful of headlines you may have missed.