Dallas chef Dean Fearing cooks up a tasty dinner with a Texas twist.
- 12 well-cleaned oysters with deep shells
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 hard-boiled egg yolks
- 2 raw egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted bread crumbs
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one oyster in each shell and sprinkle with cayenne.
- In small bowl, mash hard-boiled yolks. Mix in raw yolks, lemon juice, butter, and salt.
- Spoon mixture over oysters, then cover with bread crumbs.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, or until bread crumbs are toasted. Garnish with thyme.