- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease bottom of two 8-inch-square baking pans. Sift flour with salt and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs with sugar, corn syrup, and almond extract until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture, dates, and pecans, and blend well. Pour into baking pans and cook 20 minutes, or until done.
- Cut into 1½-inch squares, while warm, in the pan. When slightly cool, form squares into balls and roll in confectioners’ sugar. Let cool before serving.