What we know today as the cowboy boot is a distinctive offshoot of styles favored by Genghis Khan, the Duke of Wellington, and myriad other horsemen throughout history.
Articles by David Courtney
Sep 22, 2019 — By David Courtney
An unnamed person from an unspecified place has an unsavory point of view.
Sep 15, 2019 — By David Courtney
An Austin couple debates the culinary worthiness of the crusty little ferrule beloved by many State Fair of Texas-goers.
Aug 31, 2019 — By David Courtney
A Dallas man vacationing on the Jersey Shore is discombobulated by a discombobulated Lone Star Flag.
Aug 25, 2019 — By David Courtney
A Southlake transplant falls hook, line, and sinker for the lie aquatic.
Aug 3, 2019 — By David Courtney
A Houston man wants to know if our columnist would be happy in another of Texas's many wonderful locales.
Jul 27, 2019 — By David Courtney
A British man is feeling guilty about walking around in exotic animal hide.
Jul 20, 2019 — By David Courtney
A pair of Austin birders think it's time to replace the Northern mockingbird with something more . . . Texas-y.
Jul 7, 2019 — By David Courtney
A San Antonio woman is looking for some liquid relief from the heat. The Texanist has a deluge of options.
Never Miss a Story
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones