Is it Mammaw and Pappaw? Oma and Opa? Abuelo and abuela? Or something else entirely?
Articles by John Nova Lomax
Jul 12, 2018 — By John Nova Lomax
In the inaugural episode of our new Talk Like a Texan podcast, we explore the proper pronunciation of our state nut.
Jun 8, 2018 — By John Nova Lomax
Through the food he sought out, Bourdain recognized the particulars that made a city unique, rather than what the city aspired to be.
Apr 13, 2018 — By John Nova Lomax
Artists Ana Fernandez and Cruz Ortiz on finding inspiration in their hometown.
Mar 1, 2018 — By John Nova Lomax
A pronunciation investigation involving two Bowie men known for living large.
Never Miss a Story
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- Can Bee Stings Treat Lyme Disease?
- Criminal Charges Against Schlitterbahn Officials Have Been Dropped
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Willie Nelson Quits Smoking Weed: A Look Back at the Couple’s Relationship Milestones